The Pathfinder Regional Vocational-Technical High School District is designed to offer vocational-technical training in conjunction with a sound academic program to the nine communities which comprise the district; Belchertown, Granby, Hardwick, Oakham, Monson, New Braintree, Palmer, Ware, and Warren.
The primary purpose of the Pathfinder Regional Vocational-Technical High School is to enable students to become productive and responsible members of the community. We provide our students with the knowledge and learning experiences that give them the options of securing gainful employment upon graduation, continuing formal studies at the post secondary level, or pursuing a combination of both.
Pathfinder provides diverse academic and technical programs which recognize that students are unique in learning style, potential, motivation and interests. We offer students hands-on experiences that employ current technologies in their fields to meet the employment needs of our communities and to prepare them to participate in the global economy. The common objective of all staff is to install in our students a desire to learn and an appreciation for the learning process, and to provide opportunities for them to enhance the abilities and thinking skills which will allow them to achieve their personal, professional, and educational goals.
At Pathfinder, all participants in the educational process are treated with dignity and respect at all times. The responsibility of the participants is to contribute to the best of their abilities in accomplishing mutual educational goals
To establish an educational community, anchored in rigorous and diverse academic and technical experiences, that ensures every student realizes their full potential and emerges as a responsible, engaged, and contributing member of society.
Academic and Career Expectations:
- Students will acquire a solid foundation in academic subjects and technical proficiency in their chosen field.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate.
- Students will engage in continuous learning, demonstrating the ability to adapt to new technologies and advancements in their field of study.
- Students will be guided to create short-term and long-term goals, and will actively work towards achieving these goals.
- Students will demonstrate respect, empathy, and kindness towards peers and community members, celebrating diversity and promoting inclusivity.
- Students will demonstrate professional and interpersonal skills, including active listening and effective communication and conflict resolution.
- Students will be accountable for their actions, demonstrating integrity and honesty while maintaining high moral and ethical standards.
- Students will foster a positive and safe school climate by participating in school governance and by promoting and practicing respectful and ethical behavior.
- Students will model the conduct required of an engaged and responsible citizen by understanding and exercising their rights, responsibilities, and civic duties within their local communities, while exploring global challenges.
- Students will be encouraged to engage in community service and other volunteer activities, promoting a spirit of giving back to the community.
The PATH to Professionalism:
P – Perseverance – We believe in fostering resilience and the ability to persist through challenges in order to achieve scholastic and personal goals.
A – Achievement – We value the pursuit of excellence in both academic and technical skills, encouraging all members to reach their fullest potential while celebrating individual and community accomplishments.
T – Teamwork – We promote an environment of communication and collaboration where students, teachers, and staff work together toward shared goals.
H – Honor – We uphold the principles of honesty, integrity, accountability, and ethical behavior, expecting all members of our school community to treat each other with dignity and respect