SKILLS ACQUIRED AT EACH GRADE LEVEL
- Safety Training/PPE..
- Hand tool intro and application..
- Fasteners ID and repair.
- Vehicle maintenance instruction.
- Wheel and tire service.
- Steering system theory and service.
- Suspension system theory and service.
- Electrical fundamental training
- Safety Training/PPE.
- Snap on NC3 Multimeter Training Certification.
- Battery, starting and charging instruction.
- Steering system diagnostics.
- Suspension system diagnostics.
- Advanced Maintenance training.
- Brake system (hydraulics and power) instruction.
- Precision measuring (Disc/Drum) training.
- Powertrain (Engine) types, sizes, classifications.
- Engine component (upper/lower).
- Cooling system theory and diagnostics.
- Intermediate electrical and circuit training.
- Introduction to electronics training.
- Shop safety/Power tools.
- Advanced maintenance training
- Wheel alignment training and diagnostics.
- Brake system diagnostics inc. Anti Lock and Traction Control Systems.
- Ignition system theory and diagnostic training.
- Fuel delivery system training..
- Fuel system management training.
- Engine management systems training.
- Engine air intake system training.
- Exhaust system theory, operation and diagnostic training..
- Anti theft system and electrical accessory training.
- Intermediate electrical system training.
- Lighting system training.
- Advanced electronic application and system training.
- General engine diagnostics.
- Engine removal and repair training.
- Engine management training including OBDII.
- OBDII Scan tool operation and diagnostics.
- Mobile network architecture and diagnostics.
- Engine performance diagnostic training.
- OBDII Evaporative system theory and diagnostic training.
- Emission system theory and diagnostic instruction.
- Automotive refrigerant (A/C) system theory, operation, and diagnostics (134a and 1234yf).
- HVAC (interior climate control) air management and diagnostics.
- Introduction to Hybrid technology and alternative fuel vehicle systems.
Pathfinder’s Automotive Technology Program provides students with the skills needed to meet the standards of many different types of careers available in the automotive industry. The program consists of rigorous classroom theory training that prepares them to work in our state of the art repair facility. Pathfinder students work on over 350 customer vehicles a year and perform tasks such as maintenance, brakes, suspension, computerized alignments, electronics, and engine performance work. The demand has never been higher for trained technicians!
THIS PROGRAM RELIES HEAVILY ON THE FOLLOWING ACADEMIC SKILLS and/or DISCIPLINES
- Tech Engineering
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDUSTRY RECOGNIZED CREDENTIALS
- ASE Certification
- SP2 Certification
- OSHA Certification
- NC3 Meter Certification
- MACS A/C Certification
- ALI Automotive Lift Institute Certification
- Mitchell ProDemand Certification
- Manufacturer specific certifications
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES UPON COMPLETION OF PROGRAM
- Automotive Technician
- Service Advisor
- Diesel Technician
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Shop Foreman
- Motorsports Technician
- Parts Technician
- Shop Owner
After completion of 1-2 years of post-secondary technical training (apprenticeship, certificate program or associate’s degree):
- Factory Field Technician
- Service Manager
After completion of Advanced degree (4 year college degree or higher)
- Automotive Engineer
- Automotive Instructor
- Sustainability Engineer
- Factory Regional Manager